For investors who are interested in how to apply and proceed for setting up business in Thilawa SEZ, please see the details of investor guide.
Myanmar Special Economic Zone Law, implemented on 23rd January 2014, is the only applicable law for the investment in the Thilawa SEZ.
National Laws and Regulations
Licenses & Permits
Thilawa SEZ Management Committee (TSMC) is a sole regulator to secure the investment-friendly environment for investors by providing faster processing through the one stop service center (OSSC).
Information for Licenses & Permits
The licenses and permits are required to be granted in Thilawa SEZ from the following governmental departments at OSSC.
- Commerce and Consumer Department, Ministry of Commerce
- Department of Custom, Ministry of Finance
- Department of Revenue, Ministry of Finance
- Department of Immigration and National Registration, Ministry of Immigration and Population
- Labor Department, Ministry of Labor
- Department of Human Settlement and Housing Development, Ministry of Construction
- General Administration Department (GAD), Yangon Southern District
- Myanmar Port Authority
- Directorate of Investment and Companies Administration (DICA)
Please visit Thilawa Special Economic Zone Management Committee (TSMC) website for more details.
Investors are required to provide the information about their company, required land size and utilities demand to MJTD. To learn more about overall procedures, the flowchart can be downloaded. Investors are very welcome to connect Sales & Marketing Team of MJTD to check up the availability of the space you need for your investment.